How will you make it easy on me?
J. Murphy Firm offers Concierge Legal Services for our injury clients:
- Your time, your terms. Life is hectic and busy. Very few people have the kind of time it takes to drive into Pittsburgh for a visit to a Lawyer’s Office. Many clients really appreciate that we will come out meet with you, before or after normal business hours, at your home, hospital room, or even a local coffee shop.
- We are available to you. Speak directly with the lawyer on your case via text message or email. You can text or call J. Murphy himself, his cellular number is 412-973-3442.
- We listen to you, we explain things to you, and we support you through the process. Too often lawyers are ham-handed and take no time to build an actual and nurturing relationship with their clients. See our blog about it here We strongly believe that respect for clients and their individual concerns and needs builds strong relationships and leads to better results for everyone. Our experience proves that we are right. See our blog post about lawyers to avoid.
Who will find out that I am pursuing a case?
Obviously, the other side, their lawyers, and their insurance company. You and the law firm representing you will too. And anyone any of those people talks to about the case. Nothing will be of public record unless and until the case is filed in court, and our objective is to settle before that is necessary.
Can I get myself in trouble?
You have a legal right to recover money damages when someone negligently harms you. This right exists to deter negligent behavior and to compensate you for the wrongful harm you suffer. The only way you can get yourself into trouble is by lying or misrepresenting the facts of your case, otherwise, anyone who gives you a hard time may find themselves in some very hot water indeed.
What does it cost?
- There are no up-front fees, and if we aren’t able to get money for you, you owe us nothing.
- For most cases our fee is calculated as follows:
- If we can settle your case without filing a lawsuit, our fee will be 25% of the total settlement amount.
- If we have to file a lawsuit but can settle the case without actually going to trial, our fee will be 33 1/3 % of the total settlement amount.
- If the matter still cannot be settled our fee will be 40% of any funds received by settlement, verdict, or otherwise, at any point after the case is listed for trial.
What about other costs, like filing fees, court reporters, and expert witnesses?
We advance all of those costs of the case for you and we lose that money if we can’t get money for you.
What is my case worth?
Learn more here.
Will you take my case?
As a general rule, we handle Personal Injury Cases and Wrongful Death Cases. For a list of the types of Personal Injury Cases and Wrongful Death Cases that we accept, click here. At the same time, we don’t just accept every case or client that happens to be in one of those categories. Every case is different and every client is different, and we want to make sure that we are a good fit for one another.
Do I have to drive into Pittsburgh?
No. We can and do make “house calls” and hospital visits in appropriate cases. We also offer the ability to sign up through the mail or over the internet.
Is there a consultation fee?
No, we do not charge a fee for an initial consultation in personal injury cases or wrongful death cases.
How long will it take?
Every case is different. Some cases take a long time to investigate and some are open and shut. From the perspective of trying to get cases settled, lawyers commonly use medical records to prove the client’s pain and suffering to the insurance company. We wouldn’t want to do that until we had all the records and we won’t be able to get those until you are done treating. Depending on your injury that may not take long at all, or it may take quite a while.
We will be very happy to speak with you and address any questions or concerns. The office main number is (412)521-2000. You can text or call J. Murphy himself at (412)973-3442 and his personal email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
A BIG THANK YOU, to the J. Murphy Firm! Speaking to Mr. Murphy was such a relief. I finally realized that I didn’t have to deal with my situation on my own. I was contacted several times by a professional lawyer that explained each step concerning my case and how the proceedings took place.
Joe Murphy is one of the smartest guys that I know, with a firm grasp of all the moving pieces in a case. You need someone that is personable, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and aggressive. Joe meets all those requirements and more.
When I contracted with J. Murphy, the entire staff was very respectful and professional. They took the reins and handled all interactions with the court. Never having been involved in a lawsuit, I was very apprehensive. Joe and his staff put me at ease and walked me through every step. We won the case, and I couldn’t thank them enough. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!